Welcome to Precious Beginnings!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Pictures are Coming!

Hello!   Welcome to my newest venture...I am so excited to be able to share with you what I am working on at any given time.

For those who don't yet know me, let me introduce myself.  

My name is Amanda and I live in Windsor, Connecticut.  I have a wonderful, supportive husband and 3 beautiful children.  
      I can't remember when I started sewing because my mom taught me how when I was very young.  I lost interest in it for a while but when I was getting married I really wanted to make a wedding quilt.  I cut squares of fabric, taped them to squares of thin cardboard, and set them out with fabric markers for my guests to sign and decorate.  After the wedding but before my first anniversary, I really got back into sewing and put together my wedding quilt.  Now, it is one beautiful and funtional memory from that special day.  I try to make clothes for my kids when I get the chance.  I have even ventured into dress shirts and ties for my husband and for my dad.  I really enjoy sewing and love making new stuff!
 

     I started crocheting when I was pregnant for my son in 2001.  I wanted to make him something special for when he was born.  I bought a book and some yarn and I practiced every chance I got.  I ended up making a blanket that would fit a twin size bed and it was crooked.  Not my best work by any means but it was something special.  It was my first finished project.  From that point on, I was hooked  (no pun intended).  I started looking all over for new patterns and ideas and when I got better and better I started making my own patterns so that I could make exactly what I wanted not what someone else had created.  I still use some patterns but I change a lot about them so that they are beautiful to me and exactly what I want. 

     I was invited to a friends baby shower and was at a loss for what to get her.  I had the option of going to buy items from her registry but I also wanted to do something a little more special and handmade.  I started with a diaper cake.  I had all these diapers that my kids outgrew before they could use them and I had been saving them for just this occasion, so I went shopping and found some really cute accessories for the cake and created something that had people really taking notice.  I had a glimmer of hope that what I create may be worth something to someone else.  I decided that I was going to make more stuff and put it on a website and this has just grown from there.  I have thousands of ideas of new items but I just don't have the time yet to make all that I want.  I am a full time mom and wife, and part time business owner.  I have a pretty full plate but some how I manage to stay up all hours (usually until about 1-2am) after the kids go to bed.  That's my time to get stuff done.  I hope that all my hard work is worth it.  Hearing the wonderful comments from all that have purchased really makes it seem like I am doing something right!

   

     I created this website in April 2006 and I do craft fairs in upstate NY around where I grew up and in CT where I am now.  I hope to see you at one of them as I continue on this journey to fulfill my dream of crafting and someday owning my own store.


You can see some pictures of me and my family on Facebook, if you are interested...Click Here
*This will open a new window or tab*

You can also check out my MySpace page...Click Here
*This will open a new window or tab*


 I am currently working on taking pictures of the newest items available at my website.  Soon you will be able to check out my Hair Flair and so much more!

You can always check out what I currently have by visiting www.PreciousBeginningsLLC.com  I specialize in custom handmade gift creations for babies, kids and women.  

Diaper Babies are the most unique gift to give for a new baby or at a shower.  I can always customize anything you see there, so feel free to contact me any time!

'Til next post,
Take care!
Amanda

No comments: